Public speaking?

When I was contacted by Lydia about her latest info graphic (which you can see in this blog post!) it sparked me to write about public speaking, as it's one of my biggest fears. The last time I ever spoke in front of a group must of been at some point during my A-levels which must be a good few years ago now. I don't know why, but I get severe anxiety over it. As much as I know my content and as much as I go over my breathing techniques, I just can't seem to stop the shaking and the wobbly voice. I've got to say that it's a situation I dread. 

I know that as I get older, I'm going to have to tackle it more often and I won't always be able to avoid it. I'm hoping that as I tackle my anxiety and grow my confidence, the more I will be able stand in front of a group of people. I'll be honest, I am unsure as to what it is that makes me nervous, because it's not the worry of judgement (unless it's something super important!) Nevertheless, I think it's just about time and practice that makes it easer.

I'd love to know your stories and if you have any tips on the issue! The info graphic that I have included in this blog post is very helpful and I hope it can support you too. 

Amy Xx